Our custom built homes are substantially more energy efficient than homes built to the minimum code requirements. How do we achieve such energy efficiency?
- We use the ZIP System® wall system instead of traditional house wrap. Zip System® is an innovative structural roof and wall system featuring an integrated water and air resistant barrier that eliminates the need for traditional house wrap.
- We use R49 blown-in insulation in attics, R21 in walls, and R30 in floors/basement ceilings. We also offer an optional blown-in R24 insulation in walls. The result is a very comfortable living environment regardless of the conditions outside. You’ll appreciate the consistent temperature throughout the house.
- The combination of wall system and insulation results in an incredibly tight shell for the home. We eliminate drafts by using caulk and foam around all windows, doors, and recessed lighting. Compared to a home built to code minimum, you can expect a 15-20% increase in efficiency and lower utility bills.
Beyond energy efficiency, we offer these additional benefits:
- Our plans are engineer-reviewed and approved – designed for New England’s unpredictable weather
- Our framing crew has more than 20 years of experience
- We are experienced in ADA-compliant home construction